SOUTHERN UTE UTILITIES DIVISION
February 1, 2021
ATTENTION TRIBAL MEMBERS
Due to the continuation of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Southern Ute Utilities Division Management has decided that, effective immediately, there will be a 6-month temporary suspension of Administrative Fees (shut-off fees) associated with customer service disconnections for the following utility services, which include: (each assessed a $31.00 fee)
- Solid Waste (Trash Collection)
- Water (including Water Haul)
- Natural Gas
Disconnection of Utilities Service due to non-payment will continue. However the payment of administrative fees (shut-off fees) will not be required for utility service reconnection. The temporary suspension of administrative fees will be valid during the billing periods of February through July 2021.
Customers are strongly encouraged to make payments on their accounts on time by the following payment methods:
- Online Payment at www.suitutil.com/pay-my-bill/. (Highly recommended)
- Payment over the phone at (970) 563-5500 by credit card, Mon. – Fri., 8am – 12pm.
- Payment at Wells Fargo Bank (Ignacio Branch): Have your account number and/or your utility bill readily available
- Payment by mail: Please mail statement stub with your check or money order (made payable to Southern Ute Utilities Division) to PO Box 1137, Ignacio, CO 81137
As a reminder for tribal member customers, you can arrange monthly payments to your utility account directly from Tribal Finance. We strongly encouraged this automatic payment arrangement to remain current on your account. Please contact Utilities Office (970) 563-5500, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. for further details.
It is our highest priority to provide and maintain critical services to the Southern Ute Tribal membership and community during this pandemic. Safety is another priority for our employees and our customers. Please be safe and stay healthy!
Please click here to see an example scenario of the utility shut off process.